Industrial Engineering Department
Söğütözü Cad. No:43 06560 Ankara-TURKEY
Phone : + 90-312-2924269 Fax : + 90-312-2924091
E-mail : kertogral (@) etu.edu.tr
Ph. D. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Lehigh University, USA.
M.S. Industrial and Systems Engineering, Lehigh University, USA.
B.S. Industrial Engineering, Gazi University, TURKEY.
Supply chain management
Integration of inventory control and transportation planning
Multi item inventory control
Mathematical programming applications in general
Tools used; Mathematical programming and decomposition techniques, Meta-heuristics, System simulation
Software used: C++, AMPL/CPLEX, LINGO, MAPLE, ARENA, AWESIM, PROMODEL, GPSS, STATGRAFICS, MINITAB, NeuralWare.
Associate Professor, TOBB ETU,
Consultant on system analysis and improvement, Inventory analysis and control department, Turkish Ministry of Health, October 2011-March 2012
Consultant on costing and performance evaluation for Turkish National Institute of Statistics, September 2010 January 2011
Assistant Professor, TOBB ETU,
Assistant Professor, King Fahd University of Petroleum
and Minerals (KFUPM), Systems Engineering (Industrial
Consultant on system simulation, Saudi Madeen Inc., February 2006 - April 2006.
Instructor, Industrial and Systems Engineering,
Research Assistant, Manufacturing Logistics Institute,
Teaching Assistant, Industrial and Systems
Member of the research team from Manufacturing
Logistics Institute of Lehigh University and Wharton School of University of
Member of the research team from Manufacturing Logistics Institute of Lehigh University on a project with Lucent Technologies, titled Modeling the Integrated Circuit Supply Chain
Co-investigator in a project titled INTEGRATED MANUFACTURER-RETAILER SUPPLY CHAIN MODELS, two-year project, funded by KFUPM
Principal (sole) investigator in a project titled MULTI ITEM INVENTORY ORDERING PROBLEM WITH TRANSPORTATION COST, (9/2005-), 1.5-year project, funded by SABIC (Saudi Basic Industries)/FAST TRACK
Journal papers indexed by SCI or SCI-E
K. Ertogral, A. Akbalik Raphine, and S. Gonzales, Modelling and Analysis of the Strategic Fleet Sizing Problem for a Furniture Distributor, European Journal of Industrial Engineering, Vol.11, No.1, pp.49 77, 2017.
M. Erkoc and K. Ertogral, Overhaul planning and exchange scheduling for maintenance services with rotable inventory and limited processing capacity, Computers and Industrial Engineering, Vol. 98, 30-39, 2016.
K. Ertogral, Erkoc, M., and D. H. Ülker, A production scheduling model and analysis for the maintenance repair and overhaul service providers, Journal of the Faculty of Engineering and Architecture of Gazi University, 30(3), 513-522, 2015.
K. Ertogral, A Vendor-buyer lot sizing problem with stochastic demand: An exact procedure under service level approach, European Journal of Industrial Engineering, vol. 5/1, 101-110, 2011.
R. Sahin, K. Ertogral, and O. Turkbey, A Simulated Annealing Heuristic for the Dynamic Layout Problem with Budget Constraint, Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol. 59/2, 308-313, 2010.
K. Ertogral, A Multi Item Single Source Inventory Ordering Problem with Transportation Cost: A Lagrangean Decomposition Approach, European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 191, 154-163, 2008.
K. Ertogral and B. Bamuqabel, Developing staff schedules for a bilingual call center with flexible workers, Computers & Industrial Engineering, vol. 54/1, 118-127, 2008.
M.Ben-Daya, M. Darwish, and K. Ertogral, Joint economic lot sizing problem; A Review and extensions, European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 185/2, 726-742, 2008.
K Ertogral, M. Ben-Daya, and M. Darwish, Production and shipment lot sizing in vendor-buyer supply chain with transportation cost, European Journal of Operational Research, vol. 176, 1592-1606, 2007.
K. Ertogral and M. Rahim, Replenish-up-to inventory control policy with random replenishment intervals, International Journal of Production Economics, vol. 93-94, 399-405, 2005.
K. Ertogral and S. D., Wu, Auction-theoretic coordination of production planning in the supply chain, IIE Transactions, vol.32, no.10, 931-940, 2000.
Under Review/In progress
N. Karimi and K. Ertogral, A strategic fleet sizing problem in vendor managed inventory system with predetermined delivery frequencies; A model and analysis, under review, 2nd revision, Computers and Industrial Engineering
K. Ertogral and F. S. Öztürk, Integrated production scheduling and workforce capacity planning model for the maintenance and repair operations in airline industry, under review, 1st revision Computers and Industrial Engineering
K. Ertogral, D. H. Ülker, and M. Erkoc, A problem space search based heuristic solution approach for overhaul planning and exchange scheduling in maintenance services with multiple types rotable inventories, manuscript in progress
K. Ertogral and M. S. Tokgoz, A model and a fix and optimize heuristic for transportation planning problem in a single producer multi buyer system, manuscript in progress
Refereed Conferences with proceedings
N. D. Karimi and K. Ertogral, Strategic Fleet Sizing Problem in A Vendor Managed Inventory System With Predetermined Delivery Frequencies; A Fix and Optimize Heuristic, Proceedings of the 2018 IISE Annual Conference, Orlando, USA.
· Tokgöz, M. S., Ertogral K, A fix and optimize heuristic for transportation planning in a single producer multi buyer system, Proceedings of the XIII. International Logistics & Supply Chain Congress, İzmir, Turkey, 2015.
· Bayram, H., Şahin R., Ertogral, K., A linear programming meta-heuristic for the solution of multi period cellular manufacturing system design problem, Proceeding of joint symposium on IMSS44 and CIE44, Sakarya, Turkey, 2014.
· Meric, E., Gokcek, U., Ertogral, K., Akbalik, A., Dimensionnement de flotte de véhicules et replanification de distribution pour un grand distributeur de meubles en Turquie, Proceedings of 13th ROADEF Conference, Angers, France, 2012.
· Ertogral, K., Akgunduz, A., Operator Scheduling Under the Lean Manufacturing Principles in Over-Size Product Manufacturing Facilities, Proceedings of 4th International Conference on Changeable, Agile, Reconfigurable and Virtual Production, Montreal, Canada , 2011.
· Sahin, R., Ertogral,K., Turkbey, O., A simulated annealing heuristic for dynamic layout problem with budget constraint, Proceedings of 6th International Symposium on Intelligent and Manufacturing Systems, Sakarya, Turkey, 2008.
· Ertogral, K., Vendor Buyer Lot Sizing Problem with Stochastic Demand: A Service Level Approach, Proceedings of the 14th International Annual EurOMA Conference, Ankara, Turkey, 2007.
· Ertogral, K., Multi item single source ordering problem; A simulated annealing approach employing simulation, Proceedings of the 6th Meta-heuristics International Conference, Vienna, Austria, 2005.
· Darwish, M.,Ertogral, K., Ben-Daya, M., Geometric policy with transportation cost for joint economic lot sizing problem, Proceedings of the 2nd International Industrial Engineering Conference, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, 2004.
· Azhar, A. S.,Ertogral, K., Al-Duwaish, H. N. Optimization Techniques in Chemical Processes, Proceedings of the 2nd IEEE GCC 2004 Conference, Manama, Bahrain, 2004.
· Ertogral, K., Wu, S. D., Burke, L. I., Integrating Production and Transportation Logistics in Supply Chain Environment, Proceedings of the 9th Industrial Engineering Research Conference, Cleveland, OH, USA, 2000.
Refereed Conferences with abstract proceedings
K. Ertogral, M Erkoc and D. H. Ulker, A Problem Space Search Based Heuristic for Overhaul Planning and Exchange Scheduling in Maintenance and Repair Operations Management, IISE Annual Conference, Orlando, USA, 2018.
· Burcu Cansu İnanç, Kadir Ertogral, and İlay Şenköylü, A heuristic for batching and scheduling composite production in parallel ovens, 27th European Conference on Operational Research, Glasgow, England, 2015.
· K. Ertogral, S. Tekin, M. Ekmen, R. Kızılyıldırım, and O. Eren, A bi-criteria optimization of the material feeding schedule in an assembly line, 44th International Conference on Computers and Industrial Engineering, İstanbul, October, 2014.
· Bilal Meto, Kadir Ertogral, A Hybrid Perturbation And Genetic Algorithm For The Flexible Job Shop Scheduling Problem, 26th European Conference on Operational Research, Rome, Italy, July, 2013.
· Gizem Sultan Nemutlu, Berrin Aytaç, Kadir Ertogral, Newsvendor Problem with Second Order Option and Transportation Cost, 26th European Conference on Operational Research, Rome, Italy, July, 2013.
· Doğukan H. Ülker, Kadir Ertogral, Murat Erkoç, Devinimli Stoklu Uçak Tamir Bakım Servislerinde Üretim Çizelgeleme, Yöneylem araştırması ve Endüstri Mühendisliği 34. Ulusal Kongresi, Bursa, Haziran 2014.
· Kadir Ertogral, Şebnem Varlı, Devlet Hastaneleri İçin Bir Stok Yönetimi Risk belirleme Sistematiği, Yöneylem araştırması ve Endüstri Mühendisliği 34. Ulusal Kongresi, Bursa, Haziran 2014.
· Kadir Ertogral, and O. Dikmen, Coordination of the branch closing times and scheduling the unloading operations in a parcel transfer center, 24th European Conference on Operational Research, Lisbon, Portugal, July 2010.
· O. Dikmen and Kadir Ertogral, Analyses of the capacity and scheduling problems in a cargo transfer center using simulation, YAEM (Turkish society of OR and Industrial Engineering) conference, Istanbul, Turkey, July 2010.
· Kadir Ertogral, Esra Ekici, Ahmet Saygın Baban, Zeynep Dönmezoğlu, Tuğçe Göllü, A heuristic approach for layout development in a plastic-injection workshop, Turkish society of OR and Industrial Engineering conference, Ankara, Turkey, July 2009.
· K. Ertogral, An optimization based heuristic approach for the dynamic joint replenishment problem with transportations cost, YAEM (Turkish society of OR and Industrial Engineering) conference, Istanbul, Turkey, July 2008.
· K. Ertogral, Cyclical staff scheduling and workforce allocation application for a call center, 21st European Conference on Operational Research, Reykjavik, Iceland, July 2006.
· K. Ertogral, Multi item single source dynamic ordering problem with transportation cost, 20th European Conference on Operational Research, Rhodes, Greece, July 2004.
· K. Ertogral, M. Ben-Daya, and M. Darwish, Production and shipment lot sizing in a two layer supply chain, EURO/INFORMS Joint International Meeting, Istanbul, Turkey, July 2003.
· K. Ertogral and M. Rahim, Replenish-up-to Inventory Control Policy with Random Replenishment Intervals, 12th International Symposium on Inventories, Budapest, Hungary, August 2002
· K. Ertogral and S. D. Wu, A Bargaining model of supply contracts and an Application, INFORMS conference, San Antonio, TX, USA, November, 2000. (Technical Report 00T-012, Department of IMSE, Lehigh University, 2002)
· K. Ertogral and S. D. Wu, Auction-like Coordination of The Production Planning in Supply Chain Environment, INFORMS Fall Meeting, Philadelphia, PA, USA, 1999.
· A fleet sizing model for vendor managed inventory system under predefined delivery frequency, with Niousha Karimi
· A fix-and-optimize heuristic for a transportation planning problem in single producer multi buyer system, with M. Serkan Tokgöz
· A batch and schedule model and a heuristic solution approach for composite production system, with Burcu Cansu İnanç
· Newsvendor problem with a second order option and transportation costs, with Gizem S. Nemutlu and Dr. Berrin Aytaç
Lehigh University; Operations Research: Stochastic models
KFUPM; Operations Research II, Stochastic System Simulation, Production Systems and Inventory Control, Engineering Statistics I and II, Sequencing and Scheduling, Introduction to Industrial Engineering, Numerical Methods, Advanced Linear Programming (Graduate course), Advanced System Simulation (Graduate Course)
TOBB ETU; Introduction to Industrial Engineering, Operations Research I and II, Production Systems Planning, Operations Management (MBA course), Advanced Linear Programming (Graduate course), Supply Chain Management, Analytical Models in Supply Chain (Graduate Course)
football, basketball, tennis, poetry, swimming, Turkish classical music, instrumentals, jazz, nature and historic documentaries, traveling.
Turkish (Native tongue)
English (Advanced )